destination india

Friday, December 31, 2004

gains and losses 2004

A musafir wearing a khakee dress returned to swades. He meets a girl who was wearing a raincoat. He was looking forward towards marriage. So he asks her ‘mujhse shaadi karoge?’ The girl replies – ‘no young man, my heart yearns for more – nehi yuva, hamara dil mange more.’ To this, our young man thinks for sometime and says ‘you are the 56th girl to have refused me – ab tak chhappan ho giya. If you do not marry me, I will murder you.’ Immediately she retorts – ‘take my girl friend. She is available today – kal ho na ho kya janey!’ The young man smiles – ‘give me her address – quick. Main hoon na – usko gayab kar dunga.’ The girl giggles. ‘Be careful – don’t go alone. Hum tum ek saath chalenge – rok sake to rok lo! If you do not take me – hum dhoom macha denge!’

This is the latest Bollywood ishtyle scenario.

For those who do not know – all the words in bold are names of Bollywood films that have been released in 2004.

The fast pace at which hinglish is gaining ground through all those ads on TV, we may soon have a large section of the Chamber’s Twenty First Century Dictionary devoted exclusively to such lingos.

The time of reckoning has arrived.

It is the last day of a turbulent year. The beginning of the year saw a major Political party losing its shine whilst another one gained a halo – it reared its head again. Like a Sphinx, it rose from the ashes to argue its case for inclusion in the UN Security council – a very prestigious post. The year ends on a sad note. Thousands of lives are lost due to the tsunami – one more vagary of Nature. We pride ourselves on our knowledge but when Nature revolts, we become helpless spectators.

We are competing for the coveted but elusive Oscar awards – awards are still dreams but the efforts are opening up avenues of promoting business abroad. By no means a small achievement. One of our most popular heroines has managed to get her wax model in the museum of Madame Tassaud’s. Our queen of melodies has turned 75 and an actor of yore has crossed 81 – of course, when compared to Politicians, they would still be considered as children!

Unfortunately, we have had to witness a vertical split in one of the most important Indian families as also we have had to listen to ramblings of Senior Army Officers who put bottles of ketch-up to incorrect use. Temptations of awards made them become involved in fictitious encounters with insurgents. They made a mess of themselves and tarnished the image of the Army.

We were not able to leave our marks on any sports event during 2004 – the next Olympics are still far off, let us hope to reverse the trend then. Similarly, for our cricket and hockey teams – they are all in need of energizers. Let us pray to the Almighty to give us the strength to accept the fact that as one grows in age, some of his faculties start to surrender to the inevitable disease called aging. He should, at that point of time realize that the journey cannot go on for ever – he should call it quits when the going is good!

other interesting links:
destination india
indian satire
sweets of india
festivals of india
wonder women of india

6 Comments:

  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger jon said…

    After we paid for our kids summer camp virginia we found it tough to recover! I totally agree with you!

     
  • At 11:44 PM, Blogger Marketing man said…

    You have a remarkable blog here! I really enjoyed the topic you chose to write about. I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a make extra money site. It pretty much covers make extra money related stuff. Come and check it out if you get time :-)

     
  • At 12:58 AM, Blogger cash at home said…

    Hi prabir ghose, do you have any other blogs? I have been looking around at
    blogs related to gains and losses 2004 and I found your site. I have a site that is
    some what related to your blog and I thought it would help. So I wanted
    to leave you a quick message while I was here. Take a look; you will be
    happy you had did! My site deals with private activity related information.
    Also I have some great stuff on my site that may be of assistance to
    you.

     
  • At 10:19 PM, Blogger Marketing man said…

    Greetings prabir ghose, I have been looking around at blogs related to gains and losses 2004 and I found your site. I have a site that is some what related to your blog and I thought it would help. So I wanted to leave you a quick message while I was here. Take a look, you will be happy you had did! My site deals with make money online related information. Plus I have some free stuff on my site that may want to use.

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger Blog World said…

    A dying man needs to die, as a sleepy man needs to sleep, and there comes a time when it is wrong, as well as useless, to resist.
    Stewart Alsop- Posters.

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger Living in Thailand said…

    Hi Nice blog please take look at my website as well *My free sms website**

     

Post a Comment

<< Home